Monday, November 2, 2015

Son of the Mob Again

Discuss what you would do differently from one of the characters in the book.

There were parts of this book that were frustrating to me because I would not have gotten into this situation in the first place.  If I were Vinnie, or even Kendra, knowing what my dad does, I would know that there is no good way that this relationship could end.  Sure they might be having a good time and like each other, but in the end, her dad is an FBI agent investigating his dad.  I also think that if I were Vince it would be hard to not become involved in the family business.  His dad follows his own moral code and is honest when he does business, but sometimes he just needs to send a message to people in a less than legal way.  I think that if I were in Vince's position I would be trying to get involved with the family.  I mean, Vince was brought up in this environment and I don't really understand how he has managed to be able to not let it influence him.  That being said, if I were in the position of trying to distance myself from the family business, I would not have used the leverage of my father to impress a girl.  Maybe I am just too cynical of the world, but I have a hard time viewing a teenage relationship as something important enough to go through all this trouble for.

2 comments:

  1. Well you have definitely peaked my interest into reading this book! I love your cynical point of view of the character and you raise a good point as to how story lines are sometimes almost too unrealistic. Just based on your view and brief synopsis of the storyline, I feel like I might think they same way about the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So for you, logic trumps love? Were you ever desperately in love as a teen? Did you ever meet someone who pushed you out of your comfort zones? Those of us who have (Kyle with his black Trans Am who smoked everything and listened to ACDC) will give in to Coleridge's suspension of disbelief:)

    ReplyDelete